• Thinking
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Veggedout
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 440 of 440 FirstFirst ... 191341391416431436437438439440
    Results 4,391 to 4,398 of 4398

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

redsoxguy84 is offline Senior Member
      This user is silent.

I am:
      No Image

User Info Menu

Just watched el camino on Netflix. I thought it was done very well. It really reminds me how bad I need to re-watch the breaking bad series.

WinJStar is offline Owner
      This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxguy84 View Post
      Just watched el camino on Netflix. I thought it was done very well. It really reminds me how bad I need to re-watch the breaking bad series.
      Watching it as I type this.
      Go Team SWS*! Follow us on Facebook!

foodCGS is offline Junior Member
      This user is silent.

I am:
      No Image

User Info Menu

You know its been so long I can't remember. Now with Netflix I have binge watched TV series and a heck of a lot of YouTube videos.

redsoxguy84 is offline Senior Member
      This user is silent.

I am:
      No Image

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WinJStar View Post
      Watching it as I type this.
      Conclusion?

wabbit is offline Senior Member
      is happy Dems are irrelevant.

I am:
      Energetic

User Info Menu

Dr. Sleep and a half
      Stephen King wrote the book in 2013 and since I did not read the book I cannot speak to the accuracy of the movie vs. the book. The movie begins in an attempt to tie up loose ends after Danny Torrance and his mom leave the Overlook Hotel and move to FL. Danny grows to adulthood and shares the same drinking problem his now deceased father had. Plenty of flashbacks to The Shining and if you like King's stories, then you will enjoy this sequel.

This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
      Dr. Sleep and a half
      Stephen King wrote the book in 2013 and since I did not read the book I cannot speak to the accuracy of the movie vs. the book. The movie begins in an attempt to tie up loose ends after Danny Torrance and his mom leave the Overlook Hotel and move to FL. Danny grows to adulthood and shares the same drinking problem his now deceased father had. Plenty of flashbacks to The Shining and if you like King's stories, then you will enjoy this sequel.

Gosh I forgot about this! Your review read like a synopsis. Did you like it? So difficult not to compare it to The Shining. I originally thought it was a sequel.

I have seen:

Knives Out - believe the hype. Great fun. Better than Clue which is what I compared it to.

The Irishman - I thought the actors were amazing, especially Joe Pesci. The story is compelling, of course, but the movie was way too freaking long. You couldn't pay me to watch it again. Worth seeing once and glad I saw it from home on Netflix after a yummy turkey dinner.

Marriage Story - I think Adam Driver is brilliant and deserves a nod. Great supporting cast. Good movie. Sad.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Tom Hanks was perfection of course, the supporting cast was great. This was not at all what I expected. Its not all camp and love, there is an underlying darkness in this film. I wish there were more Mr Rogers out there. What a compelling man who genuinely made a difference in kids lives.. and based on this film, adults as well.

Ford v Ferrari - Could be my favorite film so far. Great performances. Good story. Not just a guy flick. The kid steals the show. He also stars in Honey Boy which is getting lots of buzz. The kid is going places.
      Go Team SWS*! Follow us on Facebook!

wabbit is offline Senior Member
      is happy Dems are irrelevant.

I am:
      Energetic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WinJStar View Post
      Gosh I forgot about this! Your review read like a synopsis. Did you like it? So difficult not to compare it to The Shining. I originally thought it was a sequel.

I have seen:

Knives Out - believe the hype. Great fun. Better than Clue which is what I compared it to.

The Irishman - I thought the actors were amazing, especially Joe Pesci. The story is compelling, of course, but the movie was way too freaking long. You couldn't pay me to watch it again. Worth seeing once and glad I saw it from home on Netflix after a yummy turkey dinner.

Marriage Story - I think Adam Driver is brilliant and deserves a nod. Great supporting cast. Good movie. Sad.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Tom Hanks was perfection of course, the supporting cast was great. This was not at all what I expected. Its not all camp and love, there is an underlying darkness in this film. I wish there were more Mr Rogers out there. What a compelling man who genuinely made a difference in kids lives.. and based on this film, adults as well.

Ford v Ferrari - Could be my favorite film so far. Great performances. Good story. Not just a guy flick. The kid steals the show. He also stars in Honey Boy which is getting lots of buzz. The kid is going places.
      I could have waited for the DVD as I don't think the theater atmosphere significantly added to my experience, but I did enjoy the film.

Thanks for your comments RE Ford vs. Ferrari. I have had it on my list since before it opened, but I did not want to fight the crowds on Nov 15 and chose Dr. Sleep instead.

Have you watched any of Mrs. Maisel, season 3? Holding my comments until I know you have seen episode 1.

This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
      I could have waited for the DVD as I don't think the theater atmosphere significantly added to my experience, but I did enjoy the film.

Thanks for your comments RE Ford vs. Ferrari. I have had it on my list since before it opened, but I did not want to fight the crowds on Nov 15 and chose Dr. Sleep instead.

Have you watched any of Mrs. Maisel, season 3? Holding my comments until I know you have seen episode 1.
      Have not had a chance yet. So excited, I am headed to Paris in a couple weeks and was holding it to watch there since everything is in in French lol.

Page 440 of 440 FirstFirst ... 191341391416431436437438439440