Disrespect at a table you aren't playing

Niccivan

Potty Mouth Mod
Oct 28, 2006
Niceville
OK, I'm going to vent here. I am really really pissed off at Ezz (yeah I know... shocker).

First off, this is team play. Going to rail players and show support to your teammates is perfectly fine and acceptable, and gives great encouragement to your team. However, visiting a table and being rude to other teams is wrong, and IMO, unacceptable.

Ezz came to watch my table fairly late into the game. IrishAceHole and myself were heads up. Now, I don't mind people railing as I love the encouragement and positive feedback from my teammates. But never once have I gone to another table to watch my teammate in Heads UP and been rude to the opposing team. What Ezz said to me was so inappropriate and basically mind fucked my game because of his shallow and uncalled for comment about me. I will post the HH to show exactly what was said. Now, the heads up match was great and Irish is a great player. In no way, shape, or form would I ever dream of asking for a rematch. However, Ezz was CONSTANTLY talking (mostly about BS) and being a real distraction. Then, when he made his comment, I basically flipped my lid. I seriously would have punched him in the face if he was standing next to me.

Everleaf Gaming Game #259801532
***** Hand history for game #259801532 *****
Blinds 200/400 NL Hold'em - 2011/04/12 - 03:14:29
Table 1
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players: 2
Seat 5: Niccivan ( 9642 Chips )
Seat 6: IrishAcehole ( 7858 Chips )
Niccivan: posts ante [ 50 Chips]
IrishAcehole: posts ante [ 50 Chips]
Niccivan: posts small blind [ 200 Chips]
IrishAcehole: posts big blind [ 400 Chips]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Niccivan [ Ts, 5h ]
Niccivan calls [ 200 Chips]
IrishAcehole checks
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jd, Kh, 3d ]
IrishAcehole checks
Niccivan: and you call raises with junk. :p
Niccivan checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
Ezzz: ace just go allin pre lots. niccers can get some REALLY bad luck lol
IrishAcehole checks
Niccivan: f u... go away
Niccivan checks
** Dealing River ** [ Ad ]
IrishAcehole checks
Niccivan checks
IrishAcehole shows [ Qc, 8c ] a pair of aces
Niccivan: thats so inappropriate Ez
Niccivan does not show cards
IrishAcehole wins 900 chips from main pot with a pair of aces [ As, Ad, Kh, Qc, Jd ] with kicker [ Q ]

He didn't say a whole lot to me after this, as I'm sure he realized he pissed me the fuck off. Don't EVER come to MY HEADS UP match and make these degrading remarks. Seriously, I knew I was doomed after that. Irish was a very respectful table as I was getting disconnected and he would check it out. He didn't become a calling station based on Ezz's comment, and in fact went on further a few hands later to say Ezz should know better that he didn't play like that.

Does anyone else agree that this type of behavior is just uncalled for and it shouldn't be tolerated? I mean during a public game, fine. I don't care. But this is team play. Why in the world would you go to another table and say that about another player? It's rude, and it really just shows the type of player Ezz is.

When I got disconnected for a while and I came back, Ezz had said that Irish was checking it out, and that if it were him of course he would have never done that. I mean gawd, could you be any more of a jerk?? Please don't come rail my tables in the future if all you have to say is stupid negative shit.

I also am stating for the record that this type of behavior is unacceptable and to PLEASE leave it off the team games, especially near the end of a game and players are going heads up. His smart-ass comment there, and a few others throughout the game seriously fucked with my head, and that isn't cool. Yeah, put him on ignore. Sorry, I didn't have time to, I was heads up. I was actually BUSY concentrating on my game.

billybob

Nov 9, 2006
In the south!!!
Would it have bothered you if you had won? Sounds like he was just joking with you, but then, I wasn't there. Can only say it would not have bothered me unless I was in vegas playing for real money and people there know better.

Minx

LP Bitch
Nov 2, 2006
Preston, England
PS Name
lil_ms_minx
When I saw the first part of this thread I thought "ut oh whats he done now" but(and I hate to say this) i dont see that what he said was so bad.

If he had said "just go all in Nicci is shit at reading people.." then i might have some sympathy but sorry Nic I just dont think he was really inappropriate.

You seem to be really bothered by "table etiquette" - unfortunately no matter what u want to happen doesnt always happen - this is online poker and people can play how they want.. even if they call 7 2 off and hit every hand.. thats just how it goes.. and its gonna get worse the bigger this place gets.

CJDavis

Nov 2, 2006
Indiana
www.facebook.com
Ezzz is very annoying in the games. He sometimes non stop talks and talks about shit I think ppl answer him, just not to be rude. When seated at a table with him, I instanly put him on ignore. Last night I had to put observer chat on ignore because he came to my table and started his hen chatter. I feel bad, because if my Tean mates were saying anything to me, I didn't see the remarks.. On observer ignore, everyone gets ignored.

Two thumbs up Tom, for respecting the game. I was stealing coldcase blinds when he was away...He sure got his revenge heads up when he check,check full house he caught on the flop...I pushed with a set, and he got me.

Nicci, yes, that was very rude. But then again, most of us already know Ezzz is socially retarded....And I do have some compassion for him, coz he doesn't get it. It's sometimes hard for me to remember he is special needs, in a way so the ignore feature works so I don't go spastic on him in a game.
I would suggest to you, to use the ignore feature with him, all this thread is doing is feeding his inflated EGO...

disable observer chat, under options.

Mastro

Poker Stud Special Events & Team Play
Nov 2, 2006
Italy
PS Name
Mastro6
i have to go with Minxy on this one... he said "niccers can get some REALLY bad luck " not "Niccers sucks" or "Niccers can't play her way out of a paper bag" or even "Niccers loves to raise 4x the BB when she has JT sooted"....

truth be told he could have said that about me (or especially a player like PJ) and it would be true...i've never seen a guy lose to as many 2 outers on the river as he does!

ColdCase

Da Man
Nov 4, 2006
CanadaMyCanada
I say: watch, observe, peep in, look and perceive.... but STFU!!

no mindfucks allowed, no matter how trivial they seem.

Bad Ezz...Good Nicci!!

ColdCase

Da Man
Nov 4, 2006
CanadaMyCanada
You seem to be really bothered by "table etiquette" - unfortunately no matter what u want to happen doesnt always happen - this is online poker and people can play how they want.. even if they call 7 2 off and hit every hand.. thats just how it goes.. and its gonna get worse the bigger this place gets.

The beauty part of our Forum is that our games discourage calling with 72o...

Online 'public' poker and online 'private' poker = two different animals.

Here we think...there they thunk...allow donk play and we're sunk!

Minx

LP Bitch
Nov 2, 2006
Preston, England
PS Name
lil_ms_minx
The beauty part of our Forum is that our games discourage calling with 72o...

Just how do you discourage it - we want as many people in the games as we can get - every special event its like pulling teeth - anyone who pays to sit at the table can play how they like. As long as they dont start talking bs to the owner they can call 7 2 o until the sun goes down.

Online 'public' poker and online 'private' poker = two different animals.

What you want + What you get = Two different things.. try as you might you will not be able to influence how people play or what they say at the table. unless you decide to open your own card room where you dictate who can play and when.

Here we think...there they thunk...allow donk play and we're sunk!

wow thats.. deep. I like donk play.. eventually their luck will run out and thats when you take their money.. thats why we keep Stevie around isnt it?

waggie

Jul 2, 2010
Apple Valley, United States
Nic, Paul is an outgoing guy and likes to chatter...about anything. He does like to tease, and IMO am sure he did not mean to put you off your game. His friends on LP mean a lot to him.

StevieJS

Sweet Ass
Nov 2, 2006
Melbourne
Just how do you discourage it - we want as many people in the games as we can get - every special event its like pulling teeth - anyone who pays to sit at the table can play how they like. As long as they dont start talking bs to the owner they can call 7 2 o until the sun goes down.

What you want + What you get = Two different things.. try as you might you will not be able to influence how people play or what they say at the table. unless you decide to open your own card room where you dictate who can play and when.

wow thats.. deep. I like donk play.. eventually their luck will run out and thats when you take their money.. thats why we keep Stevie around isnt it?

I've never played you precious, so what would you know ? (10 cent cent buy-ins and freerolls don't excite me too much)

giveupleasur

Oct 7, 2008
alabama
PS Name
jjlovepoker
eh Nicci-dont let crap like that get to ya---laugh it off orrrrrrrrrr give em shit til the r speechless! ;)

wubders

Aug 17, 2010
seems like a bit of a overreaction to what I am seeing in the post, but I will not be the MCPig to inquire about anyones current hormonal situation

ColdCase

Da Man
Nov 4, 2006
CanadaMyCanada

Little known fact: Many moons ago Jen gave me the honour of allowing me to interview every new candidate for tourney play.

At said interview I outline the CC/Niccers doctrine and so far because of my most congenial style, they walk away appreciating
the fine points of 'private' play. To date our games are relatively donk free because of this intervention.

So yes, honey.....I usually get what I want.

Booya!!!!!