Edward Lodewijk Van Halen Dead at 65.

kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2007
Lake Country, British Columbia
PS Name
ely_lp
Dam, was actually listening to Live Right Here Right Now CD this morning and then just heard that he had passed, another legendary artist gone too soon.

Eddie Van Halen, Hall of Fame Guitarist Who Revolutionized Instrument, Dead at 65​

“My father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning,” Wolfgang Van Halen wrote. “My heart is broken and I don’t think I’ll ever fully recover from this loss”

Rollingstone - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eddie-van-halen-dead-200051/

Last edited:

wubders

Aug 17, 2010
He was one of the greatest. What I liked the most was he and his brother took their natural talents and training, started a great rock band that people were really amazed by. Those old songs and videos during the david lee roth era, were quite the show. But eddie was part of the band and played his role, albeit with lots of solos. They were just four guys jamming out, without computers, synthesizers. And not that the eruption solo wasnt incredible, but parts sound like a chicken trying to cluck after you chopped his head off. And just think what his fingers could do for valerie B....

Last edited: