Step 19: Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey
Step 20: Bless the saying, pass and eat out

Have a wonderful "turkey day " my friends ! :bigcheers:

kansasgirl21

May 18, 2011
kansas
PS Name
pixieelf
no brine on the turkey,but planning on it for myself starting tonight & tomorrow..:p..been 1 hell of a week :cry:

billynomates

Nov 8, 2006
Cardiff Wales
Never brined a turkey although all experts say you should. Happy with the way mine turn out(and we eat them regularly) so reluctant to change.

wubders

Aug 17, 2010
what's your fav part of the T-day bird?

tumblr_mwow0fnMxF1qewacoo1_r2_500.jpg

KngBlckSldge

Official LP Donkey
Jan 29, 2013
Denver, Colorado, USA
I like the cut lemon idea for dinner at a men's club or similiar setting. wouldn't come across so well with most of the ladies, i suspect. Still a great Idea, lol.
By brine do you mean like a marinara? Please, i know what brine is basically, but i always associate it with salty fklavor, and salty Turkey sounds, wrong, somehow! Obviously something here I'm not thinking of.

69belette69

Jan 19, 2012
belgium
PS Name
belette89
Turkey cherry , red wine and gingerbread
------------------------------------------------

ingredients:

1 turkey (3kg ) 1 liter of wine red1 oignon1 carotte3 nails girofle1 sheet lauriersel and poivre1 tbsp balsamic vinegar noir5 tbsp port red1 pinch épices1 4 slice of bread épice2 tbsp jelly groseilles300ml juice cerise1 / 2 jar background gibier1 jar cherries in syrup 680grun little roux ( flour half and half butter that is mixed )

preparation:

Take a large saucepan of cold water and immerse the turkey and put to boil ! when the water boils, turn off the heat and poach the turkey for 1/4h ! you desire a soft turkey

You can also put a glass of boiling water into the baking oven must be the salt and pepper, add the margarine over and bake at 220 ° for 1/2h then reduce the gas to 150 or 160 ° and cook ! rod skewer stuck into white indicates when cooking is complete! indicates that the clear juice is cooked , juice bleeding , they must cook
2 for the sauce: Put the wine , onion , carrot , cloves, bay leaf, 4 spice, cherry juice and reduce by two-thirds , then move the preparation
then add the veal , currant jelly , cook for a few minutes , then add the port, spoon vinegar, slice of gingerbread, and reduce for a few minutes
add a little roux to desired consistency and add the cherries.
Adjust the seasoning .

KngBlckSldge

Official LP Donkey
Jan 29, 2013
Denver, Colorado, USA
Okay, I found out what brine is for - I can't cook.! Brine is used to make the turkey more moist when it's cooked. It was kool! I asked the question yesterday then later on, It came out on BBS cooking show, why you should brine your turkey! lol something to do with the salts and everything working on the meat! anyway, I got my answer. If you smoked marijuana and not drank wine you wouldn't need a spell checker! lol
thanks for the fun posts guys!