Mac Lovers Left?

Zuluwarrior

Feb 9, 2012
Umkomaas
PS Name
gandi248 or dugnyboy when in France
I just got me a Galaxy S III mini..too fecking technical for me wish I had my other Galaxy back lol

wabbit

Nov 1, 2006
Out in the Great Wide Open
PS Name
wabbit7
Although I was MACumcised in 1991 and have owned nothing but Mac computers since then, I have never owned an iPhone. My first smart phone was a BlackBerry and I am now on my second Motorola (Droid MAXX HD). I also own a 4th Gen iPad and an iPad Air.

RoadBob

May 30, 2011
On the road to better poker
Is Apple getting left behind with the passing of Steve Jobs?

I have an ipad and I like it, but it seems like the ipads aren't even in the same ball park as the new generation of tablets. Iphones, same story? Never had one so don't know, but as was said, people are leaving them.

Maybe it's just anecdotal, but it begs the question.

Last edited:

WinJStar

Owner
Staff member
Oct 27, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.facebook.com
PS Name
WinJStar
I hope not. I am an apple addict and will never give up my macbook. I really like my ipad, but I do miss certain features other tablets have, like the ability for flash. I still prefer the camera on an iphone. No comparison to the droid.

Nynus

Oct 30, 2006
Las Vegas
Did anyone watch the Keynote today? Or am I the only one that has gone full nerd (nod to Tropic Thunder) and watched it.

With Mavericks, the Mac OS started moving in a direction I was getting iffy about. Namely trying to make my computer act like my iPhone. After the keynote today, I see what Apple is doing and it's pretty cool.

It appears that Apple is moving towards making a true integration between the iPhone, iPad, and whatever Apple Computers you might have.

i.e. if your iPhone is in the vicinity of your Mac or iPad, you can pretty much do anything on your computer or iPad that you could on your phone. Plus, your computer and/or iPad can basically stand in for your iPhone. If your iPhone rings, you can answer it on your computer. If you get a text on your iPhone, it shows up on your computer and you can respond using a full keyboard, correct grammar, punctuation and no fucking text-ese.

It looks really cool, and I'm interested in seeing how it works.

btw - none of the integration features work with any other phone except the iPhone.

wabbit

Nov 1, 2006
PS Name
wabbit7
If Apple is able to pull it all off with iOS8 and Yosemite, then I might have to reconsider an iPhone purchase as I am sick and tired of all the Google updates on my Droid.:p

cellist

Nov 2, 2006
Plugged in waiting for Neo
PS Name
Cellist
I love my iPhone...my iPad,....my macbook....my macbook pro....and my older macs that all still work and are
available to my son who likes to play older generation games once in awhile.
Apple works hard at being relevant and innovative.

Nothing I've had works as well and as long as any of my mac products!

wabbit

Nov 1, 2006
PS Name
wabbit7
Hard to believe it has been two years since my last post in this thread...thanks Todd for finding this...and you are so right about Apple stuff still working. Now my iPad is on iOS 9.3.2 and my iMac is running OS 10.11.5 with 10.12 Sierra in beta...I still am still on my Android cell as I was waiting to see if Apple would give in to the gov't request to unlock the terrorist asshole's iPhone. Seems Apple no sooner releases a new cell product and they are already buzzing about the next product. I guess I am waiting for the iPhone 7 in the Fall....rumor has been spreading since January 2016.

2007 - iPhone
2008 - iPhone 3G
2009 - iPhone 3GS
2010 - iPhone 4 (new design)
2011 - iPhone 4s
2012 - iPhone 5 (new design)
2013 - iPhone 5s
2014 - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (new design)
2015 - iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus

Last edited:

billynomates

Nov 8, 2006
Cardiff Wales
I couldn't understand what fuss about Apple was about. A few years ago won an ipad (off a bookmaking firm) and gave it to wife. It died last week. There wasn't any hesitation. Had to be another ipad- PaddyPower could end up costing me a fortune getting her addicted.

wabbit

Nov 1, 2006
PS Name
wabbit7
I couldn't understand what fuss about Apple was about. A few years ago won an ipad (off a bookmaking firm) and gave it to wife. It died last week. There wasn't any hesitation. Had to be another ipad- PaddyPower could end up costing me a fortune getting her addicted.
Quite often the issue is battery related and the iPad can be brought back with a battery change...I gather this was not the case with the wife's iPad. Here is what Apple recommends for her new iPad...

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/