Country
      United States
      Stars
      Blog Entries
      PS Name
      WinJStar

Cool New Fall TV Shows

What are you all watching?

I like the new Limitless. Think its a keeper. I never saw the movie until after last week's episode. If you enjoyed the movie, you'll enjoy the show. Plus, I really like Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter as a co-star.

No idea what to make of Scream Queens - if anyone is old enough to remember the movie Heathers - it rings a bell. I very much like Ryan Murphy. This is a very young show which leaves me scratching my head in bewilderment, but also laugh out loud ridiculous. Probably won't keep this one. Its a bit cheesy and high school, but I'll probably keep it for background noise. lol

Way too much to watch on TV dammit - I have Quantico on my DVR, I heard its great.

I couldn't wait for Life in Pieces, but so far its just meh. Fantastic cast and I'm going to try and stick with it.

Shocked I am going to say this - but I just watched Grinder and Grandfathered. Both were pretty good. Nice to have simple sitcoms. Grinder with Rob Lowe was really good in my opinion.

Can't wait for Blacklist, Good Wife and The Affair to start again.

Empire and Nashville were great. I feel sleep deprived. This is my favorite time of year on TV. There was so much new TV this year, it will be interesting to see what makes it.

Thursday is reserved for Shonda Rhimes and is as good as ever.

Curious about Blindspot, but DVR may blow up.

No idea how to keep up with TV when my work schedule goes back to chaos.

Go Team SWS*! Follow us on Facebook!

Minx is offline LP Bitch
      is all good baby

I am:
      Amused

Country
      UK
      Stars
      Blog Entries
      PS Name
      lil_ms_minx
      I'm having Red withdrawals. . Can't wait!

If it makes you happy...Find a Way.

wabbit is offline Senior Member
      is is happy Dems are irrelevant.

I am:
      Energetic

Country
      United States
      Stars
      PS Name
      wabbit7
      Quantico is O.K. but it is damn hard for me to believe the FBI did such a piss poor job background checking their recruits.

HTGAWM started last week, but I will no longer be watching...I like Viola, but there is way too much homosexual activity for me.

Red is back tonight (on this side of the pond as NN is fond of saying)

Good Wife is back Sunday night...I hear Peter is running for VEEP and Michael J. Fox is back in a bigger role this season. Too bad Peter can't run instead of Uncle Joe Biden.

For @Minx:

Last edited by wabbit; 10-01-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Triquetra is offline Senior Member
      is Big Brother Blogger

I am:
      Twisted

Country
      United States
      Stars
      So far I have watched Quantico which seems a little campy, but I will give it a few more viewings before I keep on with it or say goodbye to it. I watched The Player and man it rocks and putting it on after The Blacklist is just the right spot for it. I loved Code Black last night. I hope it does good and sticks around awhile. Thursday's are my busy DVR days because of Greys, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder on ABC and then I got Heroes Reborn which I love and The Blacklist and The Player on NBC and then I got Bones and Sleepy Hollow on FOX. I'm also loving Fear the Walking Dead. Life in Pieces has its funny spots, but I think it won't last long. I liked Grandfathered and The Grinder last night on FOX. Blood and Oil is a Dallas wannabe and I don't think it will be around long. Blindspot is okay, but it needs to get better and quickly. Minority Report is so so and I don't see it sticking around long. Limitless is good and I'm glad I watched the movie before the series came out. The Bastard Executioner is really good and bloody. I like Public Morals on TNT and I'm enjoying Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris. And then I have all my other shows I'm devoted to like NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans. Scorpion, Once Upon A Time, The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, The Amazing Race, SURVIVOR, CSI Cyber, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, Gotham and Marvels Agents of Shield....and a few others....... Yes, I'm a TV Junkie and I need help!

"People only see what they are prepared to see."~Ralph Waldo Emerson

WinJStar is offline Owner
      This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

Country
      United States
      Stars
      Blog Entries
      PS Name
      WinJStar
      Quote Originally Posted by Triquetra View Post
      So far I have watched Quantico which seems a little campy, but I will give it a few more viewings before I keep on with it or say goodbye to it. I watched The Player and man it rocks and putting it on after The Blacklist is just the right spot for it. I loved Code Black last night. I hope it does good and sticks around awhile. Thursday's are my busy DVR days because of Greys, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder on ABC and then I got Heroes Reborn which I love and The Blacklist and The Player on NBC and then I got Bones and Sleepy Hollow on FOX. I'm also loving Fear the Walking Dead. Life in Pieces has its funny spots, but I think it won't last long. I liked Grandfathered and The Grinder last night on FOX. Blood and Oil is a Dallas wannabe and I don't think it will be around long. Blindspot is okay, but it needs to get better and quickly. Minority Report is so so and I don't see it sticking around long. Limitless is good and I'm glad I watched the movie before the series came out. The Bastard Executioner is really good and bloody. I like Public Morals on TNT and I'm enjoying Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris. And then I have all my other shows I'm devoted to like NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans. Scorpion, Once Upon A Time, The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, The Amazing Race, SURVIVOR, CSI Cyber, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, Gotham and Marvels Agents of Shield....and a few others....... Yes, I'm a TV Junkie and I need help!
      You need to come over!

Sunday night was insane. I am trying to do The Good Wife, The Affair, Homeland and Madam Secretary, its crazy. I love this time of year. My friends know I am a takeout and tv kinda girl this time of year. You need to check out Limitless, but really should watch first episode if possible.

Looking forward to Flash and Arrow this week.

This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

Country
      United States
      Stars
      Blog Entries
      PS Name
      WinJStar
      Just saw Crazy Ex Girlfriend by mistake. I'm addicted already.

I am:
      Energetic

Country
      United States
      Stars
      PS Name
      wabbit7
      Not a new show (this is season 2), but if you enjoy Coen Brothers style writing with twists and humor, then you should watch Fargo...

This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

Country
      United States
      Stars
      Blog Entries
      PS Name
      WinJStar
      Quote Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
      Not a new show (this is season 2), but if you enjoy Coen Brothers style writing with twists and humor, then you should watch [I][SIZE=3]Fargo...
      The cast is amazing. I really didn't care for the movie so I never watched last season. Do I need to start at the beginning or does Season 2 stand alone?

I am:
      Energetic

Country
      United States
      Stars
      PS Name
      wabbit7
      Quote Originally Posted by WinJStar View Post
      The cast is amazing. I really didn't care for the movie so I never watched last season. Do I need to start at the beginning or does Season 2 stand alone?
      I really enjoyed the first season, but you need not watch it to follow the story in this season. The first episode of season 2 aired 10/12 so you have time to catch up before episode 2. Check your FX channel listings for air time in SoCal or Clark county.

This user is silent.

I am:
      Amazed

Country
      United States
      Stars
      Blog Entries
      PS Name
      WinJStar
      Has anyone started any new shows? I have 3 favorites so far, but I have high hopes for Westworld, Timeless and Frequency this week.

Speechless- 30 min sitcom starring Minnie Driver, but the star of the show is her son. They take a very serious topic about a family and their special needs teen and put great humor on it. Nice seeing Minnie Driver in such an aggressive role. Her character is strong and sarcastic.

Designated Survivor - If you like Keifer, you must see it. It is so over the top unbelievable, but reminiscent of Air Force One and films along those lines. Really enjoyable.

This is Us - My favorite show probably in the past 5 years so far. Parenthood fan or enjoy family drama, give this a shot. Only 2 episodes have aired so far, so you aren't far behind. You will never make sense of it if you don't star from episode 1. This show makes me put the laptop down and pay attention. Great show.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast